Last night we had my cute friend Alisha over for dinner and she insisted on bringing dessert. Boy am I glad she insisted…because she brought THE CUTEST RICE KRISPY EGGS ever! She made them so they were hollow in the middle…and then filled the middles with pastel colored m&ms. My kids LOVED the fact that there was a ‘suprise’ in there. You must make these this weekend. They are too cute not to.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® Easter colored chocolate candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- 12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies® mixture into both halves of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
***SIDE NOTE: You need to use the bigger plastic eggs on these…not the regular sized ones.
*** Also- you could get super creative and add food coloring so that the eggs are different colors. I think they look just as cute plain though!