|Happy Mother’s Day to the cutest MOM I know!|
Things you should know about my fabulous MOM:
1. She can play the accordion
2. She can do the splits
3. She can do both #1 and #2 at the same time. You gotta see it to believe it.
4. She’s the best ENTERTAINER I know. I blame much of my ‘need’ to host parties at our house… on her. Growing up we ALWAYS had company over for dinners and holidays. And it was always a deluxe event.
5. She’s the best COOK I know. Even when she makes something as simple as a grilled cheese…it’s got that extra dose of deliciousness in it.
6. She’s the QUEEN BEE of service. All my life she has selflessly given of herself to others. She taught me the saying “Service never comes at a convenient time”. But to others really…she made always made it seem like it was absolutely convenient for her. Even if she had a million other things going on in her life.
7. She laughs at EVERYTHING. Especially people tripping or falling or causing otherwise bodily injury to themselves unintentionally. She’s passed that trait down to the rest of us. You DO NOT want us around if you ‘accidentally’ fall. Just warning you.
8. Her favorite slogan for us when things get frustrating is “Get Over It!”. Move on. It always gets better.
9. She doesn’t complain. Ever. It’s true. That trait…..must’ve skipped OVER me!
10. She’s a FABULOUS grandma. My kids would rather live with her and my dad….than us. But wouldn’t YOU if every time you went to her house she made you a sundae with whipped cream and sprinkles on top?
11. She puts a positive twist…..on EVERYTHING.
12. Everybody LOVES my mom. They do. Her personality is infectious. People like to be around her.
13. She can tell within 5 seconds of talking to me….how my day has been. I don’t even need to say anything…she can pick it up in the tone of my voice. She knows me inside and out.
14. She likes Diet Coke just as much as I do.
15. Don’t tell my other siblings….but I’m her favorite. It’s true. She loves me best. But mum’s the word….
What a wonderful tribute to your precious Mom. All these things are so true ~ well, I don't know about you being the favorite. That could be true, but I just don't know. To know Jean is to love her and I do.