The end of our beautiful Arizona winter is right around the corner with spring waiting to take its place. The topic of spring cleaning will soon be popular in homemaking blogs and magazine articles. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the vast number of checklists, how-to’s and advice columns. Before you let these thoughts weigh you down, we have a few tips and tricks to make the experience a little easier.
- Clean room by room. While house cleaning, it is easy to become distracted and move from one project to another before finishing a single room. By working room by room, you can easily see the progress that is being made. It can also keep that pesky Arizona dust and other messes from being shuffled between rooms.
- Work from top to bottom. The amount of dust that gathers in our homes in Arizona is scary. Working from top to bottom can keep dust from falling on a freshly cleaned surface. Then it’s simple to vacuum up all of the dust that has made its way to the floor.
- Spread the work out over time. Who has time to do all of their spring cleaning at once? A day away from other responsibilities is not an option for busy moms and working women. Instead of cramming every task into a single day, spread them out over a week, or even a month. By completing one room a day, or week, you can feel less overwhelmed while still accomplishing the main goal: a clean home.
- Make a schedule. A good deep clean usually falls in line behind children, pets, work, friends, and so many other important things. A simple way to make sure spring cleaning makes it to the priority list is to make a schedule. Decide when you want to complete a task and commit to getting it done. Chores feel more important when given a deadline.
- Hire a maid service. These tricks help to make spring cleaning less daunting and more do-able, but house cleaning can still build up. If you feel overwhelmed, think about hiring a maid service. There are cleaning services that cover many needs – from a regularly scheduled house cleaning to a onetime deep clean. A maid service can help to relieve the stress of fitting your house cleaning into an already busy schedule.